Separation from Employment
In order to separate from Plains ISD, you must submit a letter of resignation to your principal or supervisor. The letter must be dated and include the effective date of your separation, your signature, and the signature of your principal or supervisor. Your separation letter should also list your reason for leaving Plains ISD.
If you are retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly regarding the TRS requirements for retirement. You may access their website via http://www.trs.state.tx.us or call 1-800-223-8778. Please note that your separation is processed through PISD, but your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS). TRS requires that specific questions related to your retirement be addressed by TRS.
Additional Information about the Separation Process:
- Employee ID Badge - Turn in your employee ID badge, and all other District owned materials. District owned materials must be returned to your principal or supervisor by your last day of employment.
- Service Records - For questions regarding service records, or to request your service records, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-456-7401
- Retirement through TRS - If you are retiring through TRS, you will receive a Notice of Final Deposit Before Retirement. This is also referred to as the TRS 7 form. It will be sent directly to you from TRS after you have requested retirement information. The TRS 7 form must be submitted to Jessica Williamson, PISD HR/ Benefits Specialist, for completion and submission to TRS. Contact Payroll at email@example.com or call 806-456-7401 if you have questions.
- TRS Refund - If you are interested in requesting a refund of your TRS member contribution, you may download the TRS 6 form. The form must be signed and notarized and submitted/mailed directly by you to TRS in Austin. Please note: This is not a requirement when you separate from employment; however, it is an option.
- Benefits - If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage (including COBRA), contact Jessica Williamson - HR/ Benefits Specialist.
- Paycheck – If you have questions regarding your last paycheck, contact Jesenia Suarez at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exit Survey - Your thoughts and opinions regarding your time with the District are very important to us as we constantly strive to improve Plains ISD. After your resignation has been accepted, you will receive an exit survey for completion. We ask you complete the exit survey before the your scheduled exit interview. The exit survey is available on the district website located under Human Resources.We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you completing the survey.
We appreciate your service to the students of Plains ISD, and wish you the best in your future endeavors.
The following form is for the use of Administration Only
PISD Separation Form