School Board Elections
Election for Place 3, and Place 4 on the Plains ISD Board of Trustee's will be held May 2, 2020.
Before You Run - Policies & Requirements
School board trustees are the members of the district school board. They are locally-elected representatives of the public and serve as the community’s advocate for public education.
They must maintain a focus on student achievement and well-being while making decisions that represent the interests of its constituents.
Board Policy Related to Running for School Board
- District Goals
- TASA/TASB Convention 2019
- Board Training Requirements
- Class of 2020 Graduation is May 22, 2020 at 8:00p.m.
Apply for a Place on the PISD School Board
Two seats on the Plains ISD Board of Trustees are up for re-election on May 2, 2020 - Place 3, and Place 4.
The filing period for interested candidates is Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020, through Friday, Feb. 14, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Candidate Packet (each form must be completed)
- Candidate Application Form ** to be returned (must be notarized)
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer Instruction Guide
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer Form ** to be returned
- Fair Campaign Practices Guide
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices Form ** to be returned
Submitting Your Application
Candidates may file the application packet using any of the following methods:
- In Person - PISD Administration Building, 811 Cowboy Way, Plains, TX 79355
- Email - Jessica Williamson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax - Jessica Williamson at 806-456-4325
- Mail - Plains ISD, Attention: Jessica Williamson, P.O. Box 479, Plains, TX 79355