School Board Elections
Election for Place 1, Place 5 and Place 6(AL) on the Plains ISD Board of Trustee's will be held May 1, 2021.
Before You Run - Policies & Requirements
School board trustees are the members of the district school board. They are locally-elected representatives of the public and serve as the community’s advocate for public education.
They must maintain a focus on student achievement and well-being while making decisions that represent the interests of its constituents.
Board Policy Related to Running for School Board
Apply for a Place on the PISD School Board
Three seats on the Plains ISD Board of Trustees are up for re-election on May 1, 2021 - Place 1, Place 5 and Place 6 (AL).
The filing period for interested candidates is Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021, through Friday, Feb. 12, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Candidate Packet (each form must be completed)
- Candidate Application Form ** to be returned (must be notarized)
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer Instruction Guide
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer Form ** to be returned
- Fair Campaign Practices Guide
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices Form ** to be returned
Submitting Your Application
Candidates may file the application packet using any of the following methods:
- In Person - PISD Administration Building, 811 Cowboy Way, Plains, TX 79355
- Email - Jessica Williamson email@example.com
- Fax - Jessica Williamson at 806-456-4325
- Mail - Plains ISD, Attention: Jessica Williamson, P.O. Box 479, Plains, TX 79355