New Parking & Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up Procedures for 2011-12
by Michael Michaleson
Because of the construction issues that Plains ISD will be dealing with over the next couple of years, there are going to have to be some changes in campus parking, student drop-off, and student pick-up as we have lost access to 10th Street south of the main campus. Please be patient as we work through these issues and develop a plan to ensure the safety of our kids first and the convenience of of our parents/staff second. We are asking the following:
1. High School students who drive to school must park their vehicle on the lot East of the Business/Central Office.
2. Staff park only in the areas that are designated on the attached map as "staff parking."
3. Visitors please park only in those areas designated "visitor" or "staff parking."
4. Please follow the "one way" traffic directional signs, park only in designated areas, and only drop-off or pick-up students in designated areas (all these can be found on the attached map).
5. Students walking to (or from) school must use the crosswalk in front of the Elementary School that crosses to Lowe's Grocery Store. Those students can enter/exit the west doors of the Elementary School and the kindergarten playground gate.
6. Elementary students can be dropped off at the doors just west of the cafeteria (like they always have), Middle School students can be dropped off at the doors at the north entrance to the Middle School. We ask that all High School students be dropped off at the Gym foyer or Auditorium corridor entrance.
7. Please do not drop off or pick-up kids by stopping on the side of the US82/380 Highway.
8. The District will have staff members on duty at different areas to ensure the enforcement of our procedures and keep our kids safe. Please respect what they are trying to do.
Our ultimate goal is to ensure the safety of your student. We have no way of truly knowing how well our traffic plan is going to work until we see the volume of vehicles at certain times, so please be patient. If the plan needs to be changed to accommodate the traffic volume, adjustments will be made. Please click on the link below to see how we are addressing this area.