Health Corner

Medications at School

The Plains Independent School District requires that all students who need medication either prescribed or over the counter during school hours must do the following:

  1. A written consent form is required by state law and is signed by the parent or legal guardian and given to the school nurse.
  2. Bring the medication in the original bottle/box packaged in the United States, properly labeled.Prescriptions must be labeled by a registered pharmacist as prescribed by law.
  3. The medicine you are sending will be given as directed by instructions accurately filled out on the appropriate form. Please visit the nurse’s office for the forms required.

Thank you,

Tessa Bearden, BSN, RN

PISD School Nurse